Fortnightly Salon Competition No.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fortnightly Salon Competition No.5

Thanks Coupekid for running the last competition and of course thanks for picking my photo over some very good photographs. This salon is going from strength to strength so hope you all enjoy this No.5 and please keep the good work up.

The theme this time is Perspective

Good luck and happy snapping.
    Start submitting now, and the competition will close on Friday 1st December I will then post the winner on Sat 2nd.

Here are the rules. Please take a moment to read them prior to shooting or uploading your submissions. Good luck

1) All photographs are to be uploaded to the photo gallery at http://dpnow.com/galleries/, they can be put in members own gallery if they wish. The resulting link generated for the photo will then be pasted into the next available space in the Salon thread.
    2) One entry per user ID only please, which must be the personal work of the entrant
    3) Entries should be "in line" within the thread (not as links to an image held somewhere else)
    4) Comments only on entries are welcome within the salon thread itself
    5) After the close the curator will indicate a winner and a couple of runners up.
    6) The curator's decision is final.
    7) Winners should be offered first refusal to choose the next theme and curate the next salon.
    8.) If the winner is unable to curate the next salon the current curator may offer that "honour" to any willing volunteer, possibly the entrant in second or third place
    9) These rules are to be copied and pasted with a new theme by the new Curator at the top of the new Salon thread with a finish date and time
    10) As with all photos posted on DPNow, copyright remains with the photographer and DPNow will not use them without permission
    My PhotoBlog

Re: Fortnightly Salon Competition No.5

Wow this is a hard one . I will have to think about this one . Oh how my head hurts .
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/petebphotos/

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Thatcher View Post
      Thanks Coupekid for running the last competition and of course thanks for picking my photo over some very good photographs. This salon is going from strength to strength so hope you all enjoy this No.5 and please keep the good work up.

The theme this time is Perspective

Good luck and happy snapping.
      Start submitting now, and the competition will close on Friday 1st December I will then post the winner on Sat 2nd.

Here are the rules. Please take a moment to read them prior to shooting or uploading your submissions. Good luck

1) All photographs are to be uploaded to the photo gallery at http://dpnow.com/galleries/, they can be put in members own gallery if they wish. The resulting link generated for the photo will then be pasted into the next available space in the Salon thread.
      2) One entry per user ID only please, which must be the personal work of the entrant
      3) Entries should be "in line" within the thread (not as links to an image held somewhere else)
      4) Comments only on entries are welcome within the salon thread itself
      5) After the close the curator will indicate a winner and a couple of runners up.
      6) The curator's decision is final.
      7) Winners should be offered first refusal to choose the next theme and curate the next salon.
      8.) If the winner is unable to curate the next salon the current curator may offer that "honour" to any willing volunteer, possibly the entrant in second or third place
      9) These rules are to be copied and pasted with a new theme by the new Curator at the top of the new Salon thread with a finish date and time
      10) As with all photos posted on DPNow, copyright remains with the photographer and DPNow will not use them without permission
      My pleasure!

There was stiff competition, and I changed my mind a few times I can tell you!

Perspective, now this should get the grey matter going.
      sigpic

Comment

Andrew
        First of all, congratulations on your 1st place in the Fortnightly Salon Competition No4. It was well deserved.
        I will try to get the ball rolling on no. 5 with the attached which I hope is something to do with perspective.

Regards

Bill Birchall

Last edited by Stephen; 17-11-06, 11:51 AM. Reason: To insert BB code from gallery to alow photo to show

Comment

Looking at things from a different ..................

Pol

Comment

I have to admit to finding the subject quite a challenge Andrew, but here goes!

Quite an unusual sight I have to say, this was a tree, with some sort of vine growing around it, creating almost like a spiral bead effect. I got wet feet and knees getting this shot
            sigpic

Comment

Here's my entry.

Tom

Comment

Pondered on the subject for a little while then came up with this picture. I drive down this lane every day on the way to work and it is nice to see the changes over the seasons.

Mowgli

Comment

And there was I thinking cathedrals were big

This picture was taken on the Giudecca Canal in Venice - the huge cruise liners that pass through here make you feel like you are on Gulliver's travels

"My own suspicion is that the universe is not only stranger than we suppose, but stranger than we can suppose."
                  --John Haldane

Comment

Originally posted by Tom View Post
                    Here's my entry.

Tom
                    Sorry, but just had to comment on this shot Tom!

Awesome shot, with great timing. I love the angle, and the way you have timed this with the plane is spot on.
                    Great stuff!
                    sigpic

Comment

A fun attempt at this theme, betcha I find a better one later

Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Here is my entry for the Salon Competition No.5
                        Good Luck to all.

Reagrds

George

Comment

Here is my entry:

Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Down the Garden Path. "Or Leading me up the garden Path"

Hi all,
                            Here is my entry into the "Perspective" Salon Competition.
                            Catch Ya Later
                            Tinka

Comment

Well I must admit I have found this one hard. This is the best that I can come up with. I know I have said in the past that I am not a fan of black and white but I hope it works here. So here goes.

[IMG][/IMG]
                              http://www.flickr.com/photos/petebphotos/

Comment

Working...
                              X