Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fortnightly Salon Competition No 3

Originally posted by Autumn View Post
    Thank you to Goatsmilk, Bearface, Coupekid, Archangel, Pol, Stephen, spl, Mowgli, Pops, Ian

BLOWING IN THEWIND

As there are only 10 entries, I am going to make a few comments about each one.

I am an amateur and have been interested in photography for about 7 years when I joined our local Photographic Society:

http://www.worksop-photo-society.co.uk/GoatsmilkukBearfaceCoupekidArchangelPolStephenSplMowgliPopsIanNow comes the extra difficult part.

I have taken into consideration:

In third place, Stephen, with his beautiful picture of the windsurfers;

In second place, Goatsmilkuk with his most unusual monochrome;

and

In first place, Coupekid with the delightful image of his nephew.

So congratulations to Coupekid, who by default is now the Curator of the next Salon. Please copy and paste the rules and start a new thread with a theme of your choosing.

Thanks to everyone who entered and for making such an effort to give your interpretation of the theme

BLOWING IN THE WIND
    Well I never!
    What a super suprise! Thats made my week, so thanks so much for that!

Here goes for then for the one then!

I am going to leave this one wide open for my interests and others and entitle it 'The Living World'
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by coupekid View Post
      Well I never!
      What a super suprise! Thats made my week, so thanks so much for that!

Here goes for then for the one then!

I am going to leave this one wide open for my interests and others and entitle it 'The Living World'
      What a challenge, I must put my thinking cap on. We have plenty of scope there.

Audrey
      Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

What a challenge, I must put my thinking cap on. We have plenty of scope there.

Audrey
        I think a title like 'Wildlife' would have been far too predictable for me!
        sigpic

Comment

Well done Coupekid, Bob you know I'm really going to have to borrow that dress again

Stu

Comment

Goatsmilkuk
            Thanks Autumn

The pic is of my wife taken Dec 04 when she had just gone 29, I shall let her know you called her a young lady as it will cheer her up, 31st is this month, she still gets asked for ID at times when buying wine lol.
            I took it on the headland at Newquay in Cornwall, a freezing cold wind was blowing quite strong, it got rid of our hangovers, I tried to get the movement in her hair, the 'white gloves' are overexposed hands, the reason I later went for mono (a tip Pol gave me a few years ago), I added noise later. I thought about a tighter crop but wanted the background in, as you say it looks bleak

Thanks again for running the salon.

Stu

Comment

Well done coupekid I thought your picture was delightful and very much within the brief of the competition with the "wind" coming from the boy's mouth - that was a clever interpretation.

And thanks to Autumn for running a challenging and thought provoking salon. My pic was actually taken in Scotland on the top of a grassy hill in a wood. to be honest about it the wind wasn't blowing that hard - just a gentle breeze!!
              cheers
              sue
              "My own suspicion is that the universe is not only stranger than we suppose, but stranger than we can suppose."
              --John Haldane

Comment

First of all congratulations to Stephen, Goatsmilkuk and Coupekid in the competition.

Autumn, I did a very tight crop on the original picture so you could see the childs face, he/she was enjoying the ride (presumably with dad) the child gave a big smile when they spotted the camera. To have included all the sail I think would have lost the childs expression. The whole scenario was not very far out to sea but I did not see how the child was attached to the surfboard.
                Mowgli

Comment

Working...
                X