Fore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fore

I have been busy of late and not had time until today to get the camera out.

I rather liked the look of this pic as we passed by a golf course on the way out for a Christmas type lunch - coffee only drunk! Click image for larger version

Name:	Four.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	152660

I like the light and dark in this, Barr1e. Looks like a nice day...……...…………...…………...……………...Only coffee ?
    Canon 7D 50D 400D Canon 300mm f4 L IS Canon 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS Sigma 150 - 500 f6.3 OS Sigma 50mm f1.4

Comment

I've not had time to take any pictures in a couple of weeks - but Julia and I will be out slo-picking later today I'll bring the camera with me!

Ian
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
        I've not had time to take any pictures in a couple of weeks - but Julia and I will be out slo-picking later today I'll bring the camera with me!

Ian
        Slo ? Have you got the Gin and a jar, ready? A very nice winter warming drink.
        Canon 7D 50D 400D Canon 300mm f4 L IS Canon 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS Sigma 150 - 500 f6.3 OS Sigma 50mm f1.4

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post

Slo ? Have you got the Gin and a jar, ready? A very nice winter warming drink.
          Sorry - I meant 'sloE' of course.

Actually we may need some additional jars as the one we have still has some sloe 'port' in it. I hadn't heard of this before but you take the used sloes from the sloe gin you've made and make a second batch using more sugar plus red wine instead of gin.

I actually forgot about it and it's been there since the beginning of the year! It might be awful - I'll let you know!

We only tried making sloe gin for the first time at the end of last year - it worked very well, but that lot has all been consumed!

ian
          Founder/editor
          Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
          Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
          Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
          Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

• Garry
            Garry commented
            Editing a comment
            Sloe Port does sound interesting. Yes. Would be pleased to hear how it is.

• Ian
            Ian commented
            Editing a comment
            I got the jar out and it looks fine, but we don't have any muslin so I will have to get some before I can decant it.

• Ian
            Ian commented
            Editing a comment
            Hmmm - might have miscalculated the date! No sloes around

Golf is a passion with me. Happily I live only a mile from the top-rated course in Vermont. Here's an intriguing shot I took at a course in Christchurch four years ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0594.JPG
Views:	28
Size:	506.7 KB
ID:	152682
          If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
          GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

• Ian
            Ian commented
            Editing a comment
            Is that as in New Zealand?

Yep. We spent three months in Australia and New Zealand in 2015.
          If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
          GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Wow ! That really has grown over the sign.

Comment

Working...
            X
            Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom