Canyon Waterfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canyon Waterfall

Shot with Sony alpha 350 at Deer Creek on recent river trip through the Grand Canyon...been futzing with it and am now chasing my tail....hoping comments can give me "focus"....

Please click on the thumbnail to get larger image.

Thanks all....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ancientart; 20-06-08, 02:23 AM.

Re: Canyon Waterfall

Think I'd crop out the bottom part with the pool, somewhere around the horizontal rock area, and that 'concentrates the view' on the waterfall.

I should think it's pretty spectacular in colur ?

Jay
    Canon 7D, Canon 40D, + lots of bits

Comment

Originally posted by jds9000 View Post
      Think I'd crop out the bottom part with the pool, somewhere around the horizontal rock area, and that 'concentrates the view' on the waterfall.

Jay
      It looks a little flat to me and would benefit if the contrast were increased. I have had a play and it can be done without loosing the highlight detail.
      And yes a small crop off the bottom does improve the composition IMO.

Patrick

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
        It looks a little flat to me and would benefit if the contrast were increased. I have had a play and it can be done without loosing the highlight detail.
        And yes a small crop off the bottom does improve the composition IMO.

Patrick
        Sorry couldn't resist, here is my adjustment to the picture.

Patrick
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
          Sorry couldn't resist, here is my adjustment to the picture.

Patrick
          Wondeful Patrick...I like your suggestions....

...in looking at the pooling at the bottom, I think I focused too much on that. Whereas, your cropping suggestion makes the image flow much better.

Comment

Originally posted by jds9000 View Post

Jay
            Hi Jay...thanks for the comments...Patrick suggested the crop as well. Unfortunately, I can only post a small image as an attachment, but I've sized down the color version for you to see...I've been futzing with the B&W version and will play with the color this weekend. BTW, and interestingly, I have another image I shot in my camera using that very idea of reducing or eliminating the pool at the bottom. Perhaps I'm too attached to that pool. I'd be happy to share it as well. Of note, this image I'm attaching has not had any editing done to it...so, its pretty bare.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X