X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .... . .-.. .--. -- .

Graham

Re: .... . .-.. .--. -- .

A very thought provoking & emotive photograph! I think it achieves what you set out to capture! It doesn't follow any rules .....& delivers a bold statement!
    Jocelyn

Comment

A very sad and thought provoking photograph.

I can't relate with the top portion of the photograph though. The desolate area she is sat in is enough I think without the need for the buildings.
      -------------------------

Comment

It makes your thoughts race, and leaves you wondering.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

It made me stop and look so it has something...being a country boy I think the buildings make it look a bit more depressing!

Then I realised it was the title that had really grabbed my attention, the title of the post is H E L P M E in morse code...OK, I admit it, I'm one of those boring amateur radio types...another expensive hobby (that I'm spending more time and money on than my photography at the moment )

73's de --. -.... .. -- -
          Stuart R
          https://www.flickr.com/photos/fred-canon/

Life is an incurable disease with a 100% mortality rate

Comment

I still liked the picture though Graham! - planned pose or chance shot?
            Stuart R
            https://www.flickr.com/photos/fred-canon/

Life is an incurable disease with a 100% mortality rate

Comment

Originally posted by StuartR View Post
              I still liked the picture though Graham! - planned pose or chance shot?
              Very much planned. She is only 14 and Mum was right there all the time and fully on board with the idea. She is very new to modeling and I offered her something VERY different (it's not all glitz & glamour). I've had the idear in mind for a while and wanted to get people thinking. The words are those of the Bon Jovi song "Runaway" - Unfortunatly it all to often rings true.

Well done on spotting the code.
              Graham

Comment

I think I get what its all about but to say it was a planned pic, could have been done better.
                Im not keen on the text all over the frame, a picture should speak for itself, and the girl should have taken up more of the frame to see her expression and to give more impact to the shot.
                Just my opinion and critique
                http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Comment

With my purist hat on I'd agree that a picture should stand on it's own. As soon as words are added, be they in the form of a sign included in the image, or as here in a text overlay the image becomes more of a poster than a photograph.

Getting a message across in the multi-media environment, requires something eye catching and while a naked person is the most attention grabbing, words are a good second best. The words have to hold the attention of the viewer in a way that maintains the interest beyond the simple understanding of the words, on to comprehension of the message.

I really do value all the comments I get on my postings and appreciate that you have taken the time to make them.

Graham

Comment

Working...
                  X