• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad news

this is very sad news!

Re: Steve Irwin death

Originally posted by jonmikal View Post
    this is very sad news!
    I think it's all quite bizarre really. I think he must have rated being killed by a stingray barb as being pretty low on the list of likely for causes of his own death.

I enjoyed his programmes and although I'm sure he wound just as many people up as he wowed, the world is a poorer place for the loss of a character like Steve Irwin.

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Re: sad news

Initially I didn't take to him because the media only concentrated on his appearance and quoted incidents out of context (the situation with the baby and feeding the crocodile spring to mind). But when watching his programmes, it becomes pretty obvious that he had the talent and skills to offset his boundless enthusiasm. One that I saw, in which he spoke about his father, was very enlightening.

I couldn't believe it when I turned on the news this morning and discovered he'd died. I can't imagine how his family is taking it.

What a sad day indeed.

Comment

I personally found him a bit irritating but appreciated his enthusiasm and huge efforts for conservation, not just in Australia, but all over the world. A big loss for conservation, and I feel for his young family.

Comment

Originally posted by JonMikal View Post
          this is very sad news!
          Yep, a devastating shame!
          As all the regulars on here know, I am a nature lover, and Steve Irwin did so much towards conservation.
          A great loss.
          sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X