Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with Canon Powershot A60: Lines accross image.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOLVED Problem with Canon Powershot A60: Lines accross image.

Hello all, I'm new here and was hoping that someone might be able to give me some advice on a problem I have with my Canon A60. I bought a Canon Powershot A60 a good few years ago from Dixons. It has been well cared for, used lightly and has never been dropped. A few months ago I noticed that there seemed to be a problem with the images the camera was taking and on the LCD which has progressively got worse. Every image taken now looks like this: [ame]http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/3772165545/sizes/l/[/ame]

I had a look online and saw it was a know issue with several canon digital cameras:
    http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/...=tcm:13-522149
    Last edited by Stephen; 20-08-09, 07:52 PM.

Re: Problem with Canon Powershot A60: Lines accross image.

Originally posted by Klute View Post
    Hello all, I'm new here and was hoping that someone might be able to give me some advice on a problem I have with my Canon A60. I bought a Canon Powershot A60 a good few years ago from Dixons. It has been well cared for, used lightly and has never been dropped. A few months ago I noticed that there seemed to be a problem with the images the camera was taking and on the LCD which has progressively got worse. Every image taken now looks like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3910310...65545/sizes/l/

I had a look online and saw it was a know issue with several canon digital cameras:
    http://www.canon-europe.com/Support/...=tcm:13-522149
    any manufacturer repairing the camera for free after that length of time. Its out of warranty and outside the 5 year time scale that the consumer authorities consider a fair service life of a product. You say its had light use that may be true but a member of the family may have used it and dropped it without your knowledge. 6 years is a long time lots of things could have happened in that period you didn't know about, or have even forgotten about.

Patrick

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the response. I will call Canon directly tomorrow. I know that I am the only person who has ever used the camera as I live alone and when it is not in use it is kept locked in a drawer in my desk so I feel assured that it has not been dropped. The CCD issue with canon is ongoing and as far as I am aware they are still reparing cameras that were fitted with the faulty sensor even if they are out of warrenty. As I said I have taken very good care of my camera and I feel if it had not been fitted with this faulty element it would still be working well. I guess my concern was more with the service centre AJ Johnstone in Glasgow. I have heard bad things about them in the past and I do think that they were attempting to get me to pay for a repair that should have been covered under the canon recall. Like you say best thing to do is to call canon direct.

Thanks again!

Comment

If you don't have any joy with Canon, let us know and I will make enquiries for you as well.

Ian
        Founder/editor
        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Hi,

Just to let you know I called Canon and will be sending it to their repair centre in Elstree. If it checks out as the ccd fault it will be fixed free of charge. I will come back and let you know what happens. Will be interesting in view of my experiance at the glasgow canon centre.

Thanks for your replys.

Comment

Originally posted by Klute View Post
            Hi,

Just to let you know I called Canon and will be sending it to their repair centre in Elstree. If it checks out as the ccd fault it will be fixed free of charge. I will come back and let you know what happens. Will be interesting in view of my experiance at the glasgow canon centre.

Thanks for your replys.
            Looks like a result there then, well done.

Patrick

Comment

Comment

Comment

Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X