Heading for the UK!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heading for the UK!

Looking forward to Christmas in the Cotsolds where my youngest daughter and her family live. Penny and I are unabashed Harry Potter fans and will be doing the Warner Brothers Tour in Watford. Happily they allow photography. We'll likely put together another video for our Travel Channel.
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Wow! Great news Maybe we could meet up? I'm hoping to see family in the West of England and the Cotswolds could be on the way

And Harry Potter is 15 minutes from my house!

Even if only for a coffee and a selfie!?

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Coffee and a selfie would be great. I just sent you our itinerary via PM.
      GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

We pick up our transportation (bus?) at Vauxhall Bridge Road in London at 11 am. I think it takes about 90 minutes to get there and we spend about 3 1/2 hours there. I hope to pick up a SIM card for one of my iPhones so I can make incountry calls.
        GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Sounds like you have it all organised. Have a great time.
          Canon 7D 50D 400D Canon 300mm f4 L IS Canon 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS Sigma 150 - 500 f6.3 OS Sigma 50mm f1.4

Comment

Enjoy! Depending when you're arriving, I'm about an hour from the Cotswolds.. Banbury is sometimes called the gateway.
            carolannphotos.smugmug.com / webleedmusicmedia.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2C29D995-4C8A-42A3-98C9-F7D3AE7812CE.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	152775 Trafalgar Square this morning.
              GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

• peter
                peter commented
                Editing a comment
                loving this b/w and not a view you often see

I'm sorry it has taken two days to get this online - patmoore and his wife, Penny, were most gracious in agreeing to be met by me and my family (minus 1 daughter) in London just a few hours after they landed from the US of A - and even before they had managed to get into their hotel room!

Julia, myself and my eldest daughter, Lizzie made a detour on our way to pick our youngest daughter, Lara, from university in Portsmouth. And we were able to meet for lunch just near the British Museum.

These are just phone snaps:

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191217_133923.jpg Views:	0 Size:	329.6 KB ID:	152777

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_20191217_151432-Edit.jpg Views:	0 Size:	256.4 KB ID:	152778
              Pat and myself just before we parted company - next stop, Portsmouth for us!

Penny and Pat are lovely people and very talented! I do hope we can meet up again in the future - maybe on their side of the pond

Ian
              Founder/editor

Comment

• Autumn
                Autumn commented
                Editing a comment
                Lovely smiling photo of you both.

We really enjoyed meeting you and your family! Enjoy the holidays and plan to visit us in New England some time in the future.
              GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Good thread. Enjoyed seeing the photos.
                Canon 7D 50D 400D Canon 300mm f4 L IS Canon 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS Sigma 150 - 500 f6.3 OS Sigma 50mm f1.4

Comment

Originally posted by patmoore View Post
                  We really enjoyed meeting you and your family! Enjoy the holidays and plan to visit us in New England some time in the future.
                  Thanks Pat - I have been extra busy working on one of my other websites that I only recently upgraded. I'm learning a great deal and many of the improvements I'm developing over there will be finding their way here

How did your Harry Potter tour go? It's a truly magical place

I can only apologise for the continuing rubbish weather!

I'm sure you will have a great Christmas with your daughter and son-in-law in that fabulous looking cottage of theirs

More photos to come, I hope!

Ian
                  Founder/editor

Comment

We spent four hours at the Harry Potter Studios. Amazing place! We’re putting together a video for our travel channel and should have uploaded in the next few days. We’re on the train to the Cotswolds now.
                    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7199.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	487.1 KB
ID:	152807 Still working on the video.

The iPhone tends to focus on the distance but after a few tries this morning I captured this.
                      GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

• Garry
                        Garry commented
                        Editing a comment
                        A good sized web, and almost perfect !

Finaly got the Harry Potter footagecompleted. Starts with video and then goes to a slideshow of images. We spent four hours there. Fantastic place to visit.

GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

We Americans have a different perspective on the age of structures. Our 1860 house in Vermont is considered very old. It can't compare with the age of the beautiful cottages we saw in the Cotswolds.

My daughter's house was built in 1604. Parts of it including the ceiling below date to the 1500s. The slate on the roof is 400+ years old.

Click image for larger version  Name:	cottage.jpg Views:	0 Size:	181.8 KB ID:	152832
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	ceiling.jpg Views:	0 Size:	73.2 KB ID:	152833
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	slate.jpg Views:	0 Size:	111.0 KB ID:	152834
                        GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Working...
                        X