X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My Image of the Day

Pumpkin Farm - ring of colour

Hastily taken picture due to many folk taking family pics amongst the various sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
      Pumpkin Farm - ring of colour

Very colourful. There is a local farm to us, who creates a large colour image every year, using various coloured Pumpkins and Gourds.
      Canon 7D 50D 400D Canon 300mm f4 L IS Canon 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS Sigma 150 - 500 f6.3 OS Sigma 50mm f1.4

Comment

Something a bit different for me, whilst I use black and white in my music photography (usually due to appalling lighting), this was Banbury Cross on a bright and clear autumn day - but I didn't feel that way, work is crap at the moment so I went for a stroll in my lunch hour.

Highlights downed, shadows lifted on the people on the pavement and dehaze on the sky. Still wasn't happy, so started playing with mono conversions. First time I've used an infrared preset filter, and I have lightened it somewhat from the original. Taken with the Canon EOS-M mark 1.

24/31 Banbury Cross by Carol, on Flickr
        http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

I like the outcome Caz.

Comment

I like Infrared photos. This looks good, Caz.
            Canon 7D 50D 400D Canon 300mm f4 L IS Canon 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS Sigma 150 - 500 f6.3 OS Sigma 50mm f1.4

Comment

At arm's length

Comment

Too small ? or sport fisherman ?

Caught the image nicely. ( No pun intended )

Comment

Originally posted by Garry View Post
                  Too small ? or sport fisherman ?

Caught the image nicely. ( No pun intended )
                  Small and I'm not sure if it is legal to fish at the resort (although one or two rods were seen).

The video is not mine but it shows how clear the waters are.
                  [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LregCA0D310[/ame]
                  youtube.com/watch?v=LregCA0D310

Comment

Hi Garry -

It seems with the recent update the video above (+ past ones) is/are not showing.

Comment

Hi Garry -

It seems with the recent update the video above (+ past ones) is/are not showing.

Sorry, Barr1e.
                      Just to be sure. Are you saying that videos ( past and present ) are NOT showing in the forum, since the last forum update ?

Comment

Hi Garry -

If I am logged out I can see a link I can press to see, say, YouTube - but if logged in as now I can see the link shown without the url but not the one with.
                        Thanks for following up.

Comment

Hi Garry -

If I am logged out I can see a link I can press to see, say, YouTube - but if logged in as now I can see the link shown without the url but not the one with.
                          Thanks for following up.

Sorry, Barr1e. Please could you give me an examle link or two, to where this is happening. So I can see.

Comment

Two gigs on the trot this weekend, the first in Leamington and then over to Wolverton (Milton Keynes).

Friday was Bad Manners: they had an absolute nightmare; their van broke down so the support band had to play slightly longer (they didn't mind, it was actually a friend's band from Banbury playing on their biggest ever stage). Then the sound problems began: poor Buster Blood Vessel went through 6 mics. The band sound was good, but they couldn't find a mic that would take the power of his voice. He's also a shadow of his former self, if anyone remembers him from the 70s/80s ska/two tone era, then he was enormous but after several heart attacks he had to lose a serious amount of weight. Apparently not from his trademark tongue, though!

Saturday was over to Wolverton near Milton Keynes. We knew the main band are out there (could be described as weird!), but hadn't seen the support band before. Another good heavy rock band, although I regretted losing my ear plugs the night before - and didn't have my spares with me so hearing was somewhat dull on Sunday as I had to rely upon a pair of foam plugs. Spares found, new spares ordered!

Never seen a band dressed as a fruit salad before and yes, he does have a rubber chicken on his head.

http://carolannphotos.com

Comment

Crikey ! Buster is half the man, he used to be !

Liking these shots, Caz.

Crazy

Comment

Caz -

He still has a tongue that would scare some.

Nice pix - thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X