Nerves Of Steel Or To Dumb To Duck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nerves Of Steel Or To Dumb To Duck

The image below was the last view I had through the viewfinder before the eagle owl's wing hit my head. The handler had already done this with other members of the audience and he chose me next, as I was the only person standing up taking photos.

I never moved so that I could get some decent shots of the eagle owl flying towards me and I trusted the handler would not want the bird hitting someone head on, though he did comment on the fact that I never ducked ; you can see from the image quality that I still have to perfect the skill needed to photograph moving objects

Brian
    "The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one page" St Augustine

Re: Nerves Of Steel Or To Dumb To Duck

Originally posted by himmelblau View Post
    The image below was the last view I had through the viewfinder before the eagle owl's wing hit my head. The handler had already done this with other members of the audience and he chose me next, as I was the only person standing up taking photos.

I never moved so that I could get some decent shots of the eagle owl flying towards me and I trusted the handler would not want the bird hitting someone head on, though he did comment on the fact that I never ducked ; you can see from the image quality that I still have to perfect the skill needed to photograph moving objects:

Brian
    Your camera should have an Ai or follow focus mode Brian. This allows you to lock onto a moving target and the camera will constantly adjust. Had the owl been in focus on this shot it would have been a great picture
    Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

It may not be quite perfect but still has the wow factor. and well done you for standing there and not flinching.
      Beautiful birds.
      Fp

Comment

Originally posted by fluffy penguin View Post
        It may not be quite perfect but still has the wow factor. and well done you for standing there and not flinching.
        Beautiful birds.

ditto.

One you will remember for a long time.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Working...
        X