Wahooooo, I've found the bear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wahooooo, I've found the bear

You may remember me saying that we had spotted a black bear when we landed during our float plane trip in Alaska, but I didn't have a decent photo.

Well I was going through some CD's I'd had made when on the ship as a backup, and there they were. Essentially backing up to my iPod had been a little problematical at one point and I was not 100% happy it had all worked so I had the CD's made before formatting the cards. Seems like it was justified now.

Anyway, here are a couple. The first taken at 560mm, full frame, you can see its still a distance off. The second was taken at 400mm but with a crop. Both 1/90th @ f8 It just shows that the IS works pretty good

Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Re: Wahooooo, I've found the bear

Yay - brilliant!

What the heck if it's a crop ..... you got his mugshot!! It's a pretty good shot too.

Polly

Comment

Like the cropped one. Shows his mouth and head shape nicely.
      I would think that you wouldn't really want to be much closer
      -------------------------

Comment

Glad you found them and they are good ones too. You certainly saw some stuff. It's good having them in installments.
        Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Hi,
          Good capture from that distance and focal length, the second is the better image. the IS sure does work.
          Catch Ya Later
          Tinka

Comment

Working...
          X