Snake Dude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snake Dude

This 5 foot, little guy invaded our Mothers day outing. He is what we call a Black Racer, and was moving at access of 10-15 mph. I used 500mm focal length to get in closer, the focusing, and framing were a slightly difficult task. But all came out pretty well.

Steve40.

Re: Snake Dude

Hi Steve -

They certainly cover ground quickly.

I note they will charge at people just to scare them. Well your pic scared me!

I must confess I don't like snakes.

Thanks for showing - my first Black Racer.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

This one was only interested in getting away, as fast as possible. There were three little girls, and one old man with a camera chasing him. He ended up under some large boulders, while still being perused by the same.
      Steve40.

Comment

Well done getting the shot Not much chance of getting scared by snakes here in the UK - we do have adders but they are quite rare although they are poisonous. Then there are grass snakes - which I believe are legless lizards.

Ian
        Founder/editor
        Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
        Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
        Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
        Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

Racers are constrictors, and not poisonous. Their diet is mostly of mice, and frogs. With their relative length to small heads, I don't see how they swallow a mouse or frog. Of course their jaw unhinges quite wide.
          Steve40.

Comment

Working...
          X