Giant Courgette

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giant Courgette

We have just returned from a one week holiday and when my wife went out in the garden to see how her vegetable patch had progressed whilst away, this is what she found on lifting the corner of one of the courgette plant's leaves:-

The ruler is is 45 centimeters in length and as a point of interest the courgette weighed 3lb - 7ozs.

Re: Giant Courgette

Breaking in to marrow country

Comment

Yummy scrummy
      Just because cliches are cliches does not make them wrong. I do like walking in the rain.

Comment

Hmm, looks just like a zucchini.

Comment

One to be proud of
          -------------------------

Comment

One for the local show?
            John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Hello Dennis. Just as a matter interest how do you eat your Courgettes? We slice them and fry in a little oil with onions and tomatoes. John.

Comment

Hi John - After consulting my wife she says that she always slices them either across or at a slight angle. She say that they can be boiled but they do not have a lot of flavour then. She more freqently frys them in oil and butter either alone or with mushrooms, onions or other veg. Another nice way is to coat them in batter and fry them in oil in a shallow frying pan. We had them like that with fish on Saturday evening. As a matter of interest we had half of the giant shown above (the thick end) last night stuffed with minced meat, onions and diced carrot and a little onion and cooked in the oven.

Comment

Hi Dennis. Sounds delicious Thanks for so much for that choice recipe. also thank your wife. By the way I liked the photo. regards John.

Comment

Working...
                  X