A few local Warblers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few local Warblers

Strangely, some Warbler species that are usually very evident by their song but very difficult to see were confidently showing themselves today. I think this may be because they are feeding and protecting newly fledged young.

Reed Warbler:

And another:

Whitethroat:

Whitethroat fledgeling:

Sedge Warbler juvenile?:

E-M5 PLUS M Zuiko 75-300mm

David

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551479 BC)

Re: A few local Warblers

Wonderful collection.
    The fledgeling does look cute with that hairstyle and grumpy expression.
    -------------------------

Comment

David, a great Chorus of Warblers - it must have sounded magical in your woods that day

I must ask, how are you finding this kit ? Is the 75-300 up to Bif and high IQ images. Yet ?

Comment

Originally posted by Chevvyf1 View Post
        David, a great Chorus of Warblers - it must have sounded magical in your woods that day

I must ask, how are you finding this kit ? Is the 75-300 up to Bif and high IQ images. Yet ?
        I think the IQ of this lens is pretty good, not quite up to a prime but as good as the 50-200/EC14 that I have used on the E-M5. BIF is a different matter as it depends on the camera and it isn't possible to test the lens on a camera that does the job in this respect. This is my great frustration as I am committed to Olympus but need to own a Canon for the BIFs, I hope this changes soon!

David

Canon 7DII, Sigma 150-600mm Sport, Sigma 18-300mm, Sigma 8-16mm, National Geographic Expedition Carbon.

"It is better to light a single candle than curse the darkness" - Confucius (551479 BC)

Comment

Originally posted by David Morison View Post
          I think the IQ of this lens is pretty good, not quite up to a prime but as good as the 50-200/EC14 that I have used on the E-M5. BIF is a different matter as it depends on the camera and it isn't possible to test the lens on a camera that does the job in this respect. This is my great frustration as I am committed to Olympus but need to own a Canon for the BIFs, I hope this changes soon!

David

David, I am so with you ! I am finding sores from sitting on the barbed wire fence almost unbearable ... re E-7 or OM-D E-5 upgrade and improved HD glass

I did kind of hope it was "there" with this 75-300 for Bif

Comment

Working...
          X