Peregrine 2012 Season - Part 3 12 June 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peregrine 2012 Season - Part 3 12 June 2012

In the short time between visits, the chicks have lost most of their down and now reveal their juvenile plumage. The difference between the adults and the juveniles is still very obvious. The legs and cere lack the yellow and normally white plumage is a shade of brown. They will retain this brown tinge for the next couple of years. You may have heard Peregrine juveniles being described as 'brown' birds.

The conditions were completely overcast, threatening rain, which made photography difficult with a long lens at f10.

The chicks had split up with one close to fledging and sitting above and to the left of the nest site.

and seen here stretching its wings.

The other two chicks were not as adventurous and remained at the nest site.

In the short time I was there, I only saw one of the adults flying above the cliff face.

I shall return tomorrow when the light conditions will be more favourable.
    Kind regards

Peter
    www.imageinuk.com

Re: Peregrine 2012 Season - Part 3 12 June 2012

I have enjoyed part 1, 2 and 3 Peter.

It's pleasing to learn something new about life and to see images through the eyes of another.

I also have fingers crossed for some brighter weather tomorrow, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms not pressing the button!

Thanks again for the series.

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Originally posted by Barr1e View Post
      I have enjoyed part 1, 2 and 3 Peter.

It's pleasing to learn something new about life and to see images through the eyes of another.

I also have fingers crossed for some brighter weather tomorrow, I'm getting withdrawal symptoms not pressing the button!

Thanks again for the series.

Regards. Barr1e
      Thank you Barr1e I am glad you have enjoyed this series. Weather and opportunity given, I hope to shoot some video tomorrow - we shall see.
      Kind regards

Peter
      www.imageinuk.com

Comment

Thanks for the latest instalment, Peter, it's great to see the progress that these birds are making.
        John Perriment

A photograph is more than a record of what you see - it's a window to your soul

Comment

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
          Thanks for the latest instalment, Peter, it's great to see the progress that these birds are making.
          Thanks for your reply John. Time is precious for me at the moment but I shall try and keep up-to-date with progress. Now is the critical time. Will they remain in the quarry during the training session, following fledging (like they have in the past) or will they move on?
          Kind regards

Peter
          www.imageinuk.com

Comment

Working...
          X