Salon 247 - Bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salon 247 - Bridges

For this Salon I thought we'd tackle a subject that offers myriad possibilities. I'm sure everyone has examples in their files or access to bridges that can be captured creatively. They can be large like the Golden Gate bridge or small like the biking bridge in the examples below. I'm looking forward to what you come up with!

1. All photographs are to be uploaded to the photo gallery at http://dpnow.com/galleries/
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up too much room.
    GoldenYearsGeek.com

Re: Salon 247 - Bridges

1st entry

Rialto, in Venice.

Canon 7D 50D 400D Canon 300mm f4 L IS Canon 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS Sigma 150 - 500 f6.3 OS Sigma 50mm f1.4

Comment

The Pythonbrug, Amsterdam.

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

The Albert Bridge on the Thames

Being left handed my brain sometimes works sdrawkcab

All the best

Andy

E1,E5,E420,E-M5,OM1(N),14-54,12-60SWD,7-14mm,50-200,50mm F2.0 macro,25mm pancake,EC14,Sigma 50-500 HSM,m4/3 14-150,Om50mm(F1.,OM28mm(f2.,FL36,HLD4,HLD2,Epson P3000,crap tripod,Manfrotto 680B monopod,various filters/CF cards.

My Flickr

Comment

Plaza De Espana Seville,

Comment

Bridges London

Comment

Millennium Bridge Taken from the Tate Gallery leading to St. Pauls.

Comment

My second - Ponte Giuseppe Mazzini

Comment

Originally posted by Gez View Post
                  My second - Ponte Giuseppe Mazzini

Nice view, Gez. I have walked over that bridge on numerous occasions. But never seen it form that spot.
                  Canon 7D 50D 400D Canon 300mm f4 L IS Canon 70 - 200 f2.8 L IS Sigma 150 - 500 f6.3 OS Sigma 50mm f1.4

Comment

If you are interested, this was taken (but not actually used in the end) for an article to demonstrate how you can use bracketing and HDR to produce a normal, undramatic, tone result. It's five images exposed from -2EV to +2EV at 1EV steps and merged to HDR in Lightroom.

Here is the same view with a camera JPEG, unadjusted:

The camera used was an old Olympus Pen E-PL3, which has a sensor known to have not great dynamic range.

It's the bridge over the Grand Union Canal in Apsley just a few minutes from my home.

Ian
                    Founder/editor
                    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
                    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
                    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
                    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

2nd entry

Suspension bridge in Dubrovnik

Comment

My sincere apologies for taking so long to post the winner. I've been in France the last two weeks and my iPhone X was the victim of a pickpocket my second day in Paris. I just returned to my home in Vermont and I'm headed for bed. I promise to post the winner in the morning.
                        GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Okay, I've had a few hours sleep. It's 0125 but the body clock says it's time to get up.

Some great entries (nine if I counted right). My eye keeps getting drawn back to andym's Pythonbrug. Over to you andym.
                          GoldenYearsGeek.com

Comment

Originally posted by patmoore View Post
                            My sincere apologies for taking so long to post the winner. I've been in France the last two weeks and my iPhone X was the victim of a pickpocket my second day in Paris. I just returned to my home in Vermont and I'm headed for bed. I promise to post the winner in the morning.
                            I bet that put the dampers on your holiday, for a while. Hope your insurance covers the phone.

What a bummer.

Comment

Good call, Pat.

Andy's Pyhtonbrug is a curious looking bridge.

Well done Andy.

Comment

Working...
                              X