Lightroom 2 - Help required ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lightroom 2 - Help required ?

Yesterday I imported 53 pics from an SD card straight into Lightroom 2 where they now appear under Catalog as Previous Import - 53. I can see the thumbnails in the main window and I can click on any one to show it in full expanded view but I cannot find the pistures on the hard disc. The problem is I have deleted them from the SD memory card and when I try to do an export from any picture it says they cannot be found and refers to the memory card address.

Is there any possibility that the are somewhere on the hard disc and if so how can they be found. ?

Re: Lightroom 2 - Help required ?

Originally posted by DennisP View Post
    Yesterday I imported 53 pics from an SD card straight into Lightroom 2 where they now appear under Catalog as Previous Import - 53. I can see the thumbnails in the main window and I can click on any one to show it in full expanded view but I cannot find the pistures on the hard disc. The problem is I have deleted them from the SD memory card and when I try to do an export from any picture it says they cannot be found and refers to the memory card address.

Is there any possibility that the are somewhere on the hard disc and if so how can they be found. ?
    It sounds as though you omitted to create a destination folder. I had a similar situation recently with LR3 and found them in the root of my Pictures folder. However in your case I suspect this may not be the case because of being referred to the memory card address.

If this is the case then it is essential you use some recovery software on the SD card before you use it again, they will still be there
    Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Hi Dennis - did you use the MOVE option when importing? It should still be set to MOVE if you try a dummy import. If it was ADD, then the LR database will reference the files at their original location on the SD card.

If you right click the thumbnails in Library mode and then select Show in Explorer, fingers crossed you will find the originals.

Ian

PS if you have deleted the originals on the SD card and they are the only copies, there is a reasonable chance that they can be recovered, but don't use that card again until the recovery process, if needed, has been applied.
      Founder/editor
      Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
      Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
      Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

a good, free, prog to recover jpg's from memory cards is photorec (google it) by art plus software. should be available on most freeware sites. no connection other than being a long time user of the software.
        Dave
        http://www.devilgas.com

Comment

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, in fact I had not deleted them from the SD card I found later,so all is not lost. I must have been having a 'Senior Moment' which is excusable as I was 82 today..

Comment

Originally posted by DennisP View Post
            Thanks everyone for your suggestions, in fact I had not deleted them from the SD card I found later,so all is not lost. I must have been having a 'Senior Moment' which is excusable as I was 82 today..
            Happy Birthday Dennis
            Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Happy birthday Dennis! I hope I'm as fit as you at 82 (I'm 50 next year...)

Ian
              Founder/editor
              Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
              Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
              Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
              Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yolLqx6k1OM&feature=related"]Aliens Singing Happy Birthday To You - YouTube[/ame]

Regards. Barr1e

Comment

Many thanks everyone for your Good Wishes, it is much appreciated.

Comment

A very happy birthday Dennis, you have cheered me up no end, because I thought I was the oldest member on this forum.

Very well done. Keep shooting.
                    Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Working...
                    X