One month old portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One month old portrait

Please would you find a few minutes to critique this for me. This is 4 week old Riley who tinkled over all my kit and props. Thanks for your time.

Re: One month old portrait

Gina,

This is BRILLIANT. I go out judging competitions and see thousands of images, in addition to the ones we see here.

This has to be the best I've seen all year and worthy of not only POTM but even the golden gallery.

Truly superb.
    Graham

Comment

Gina this is gorgeous. As you have put it in the critique section and I am viewing this from neither a portrait photographer nor a judges point of view, here is how I see it.

My eye goes to the mum's right thumb joint (on our left) which is rather prominent. I wonder if you could tone the brightness down so that the emphasis is less on the hand which of course would then be more on Riley. I like the black background and the frame. Very contemporary and I am sure that Riley's family are delighted. A wonderful record for the album.

I really don't like commenting on something upon which I have no knowledge other than 'How I see it', but as you have put it here I know you are up for any comments. I have to say, you have come on in leaps and bounds during the past 2 years. Your portrait photography is excellent.
      Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Graham,

You made me cry ... come over all emotional I guess because your words have confirmed to me that I have a talent. I thank you with all my heart.

I have a few more to add to my gallery.

Gina

Comment

Originally posted by Autumn View Post
          Gina this is gorgeous. As you have put it in the critique section and I am viewing this from neither a portrait photographer nor a judges point of view, here is how I see it.

My eye goes to the mum's right thumb joint (on our left) which is rather prominent. I wonder if you could tone the brightness down so that the emphasis is less on the hand which of course would then be more on Riley. I like the black background and the frame. Very contemporary and I am sure that Riley's family are delighted. A wonderful record for the album.

I really don't like commenting on something upon which I have no knowledge other than 'How I see it', but as you have put it here I know you are up for any comments. I have to say, you have come on in leaps and bounds during the past 2 years. Your portrait photography is excellent.
          Thank you so much Audrey, I value your opinions always and am so grateful that you take an interest in my work. Your encouragement is wonderful.

With regard to the toning on the thumb joint, I will have a go, it looks ok on my monitor and I don't want to lose the tiny downy hairs on the baby's upper arm. This does have more appeal cropped and framed as a square but I'm unsure about printing.

Lots of love

Gina

Comment

Super photo and I love love the treatment you have given it. You do have talent that is for sure.
            http://www.flickr.com/photos/petebphotos/

Comment

Original and technically excellent.

Comment

wow, what a fabulous shot!
                you must be chuffed to bits with this, very well done!

If I had to change one jthing, it would be to see more of the little ones face.....but this is really nitpicking.

Love it!
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X