• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions??

Suggestions? Shot with Sony Alpha 350.
    Attached Files

Re: Suggestions??

What are you trying to portray? Its a bit difficult to help you with such a small black and white print.

Comment

Hi Gina,

Thanks for taking a look....not sure if I did posting right by attaching and image (it was the largest that they would let me attach), but if you click the pic, it shows larger. With this particular print, however, I struggled with the washout to the left...although the image can be seen as divided almost down the middle (lighter on the left and darker on the right), I've been trying to determine if (from a structural standpoint) there are suggestions from others to altering this half/half idea....in other words, is the upper left just too washed out? Or, does it tend to diagonally give depth to the image?

Comment

Originally posted by ancientart View Post
        Suggestions? Shot with Sony Alpha 350.
        I have lightened the shadows to reveal some interesting detail both in the rocks and reflections in the water.
        I have also darkened the bright area on the left a little not to much as this is where we imagine the boat will be going.

I feel this is now a more balanced picture.

Patrick
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick View Post
          I have lightened the shadows to reveal some interesting detail both in the rocks and reflections in the water.
          I have also darkened the bright area on the left a little not to much as this is where we imagine the boat will be going.

I feel this is now a more balanced picture.

Patrick
          Thanks Patrick...you're hired!

Interestingly....the adjustments almost make this scene appear like boats on a lake and indeed (as I was trying to do) make it seem that the brighter area is where the boats were going to go. I'll play with my image along the lines that you suggest...

A sidebar tidbit on this image....unlike how it is "projecting", the Colorado River is actually moving about 5mph towards the viewer and that lighted section is actually upriver. Just an interesting side note....

Thanks again for the great suggestions.

Comment

Working...
          X