Traffic Blur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Blur

Still work in progress, may go back tonight and try the image from further right, or maybe left and use the lamp pole to frame the right. Trial & error =)

Still impressed with the image quality of the 400D.

Re: Traffic Blur

Nice pic.

What settings did you use on your camera?

Comment

Thanks!

Will look tonight, this is cropped and has lost the exif info sadly. I wont guess as will only be way out and look silly

Comment

Image shot in Av (Apature Priority) Mode.
        F-stop: f/14
        Exposure: 10secs
        ISO: 200
        Exposure bias: +2

Really was a case of playing around until found a setting right for the amount of light, type or light and speed of traffic. Some images came out too dark with the right amount of blur, other too light with glare from the street lights and tons of noise in the sky.
        The original image was very orange, once edited had to give a go over with NeatImage to clean up the noise.

Comment

Yes I like that, although it would be better if the nearest light post was not there. Nice crisp shot well done. I spose it could be any motorway but out of interest where was it? Seems quite busy too
          cheers
          Ash.
          http://www.ftmphotography.co.uk

Comment

Hi
            Thankyou ash!
            Its a quiet little bridge over the M25 London Orbital, just next to J16 (M40) looking South. I liked the spot as it was quiet with no car/vans racing past me which helped get a nice steady shot, although you'd be supprised how much movement there is when a lorry passes under the bridge at speed

I did try the shot again last night, more to the left with the closest post just out of sight. As soon as I pulled up I could see traffic building in the distance, and by the time I was out the car and had the camera steady on the railing (5' high, bit higher then my tripod reaches) it slowed down by me and just didnt give the 'rush' effect even though it was moving a little.

I have to say I'm quite pleased with the results (400D ) and cant wait to try it again, but am busy tonight =(

Comment

Originally posted by 19ninety View Post
              Still work in progress, may go back tonight and try the image from further right, or maybe left and use the lamp pole to frame the right. Trial & error =)

Still impressed with the image quality of the 400D.

great capture here. what's the exif?

Comment

Originally posted by MaJo View Post
                great capture here. what's the exif?
                Post No4 has the answer. Thought about signing up?
                Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

No.4 does =)

So on another topic, I have to ask, how do people manage to post with out registering, cos I can never do it on a forum, just tells me to register or log in...?

Comment

A good representation of a common subject, you have done the subject justice, I do admire your dedication and patience, very very nice, and I cannot fault the image, I like it as it is.
                    Catch Ya Later
                    Tinka

Comment

Working...
                    X