• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen
    replied
    Re: Railway Viaduct

Originally posted by Mike Parr View Post
    Hi all,
    I think I need help here, what would be the best settings in photoshop to set as it appears that mine might be wrong, and as i cant afford a monitior calibrator can any suggest a good freebie,
    cheers mike
    You could use Adobe Gamma in the control panel to begin with, to get teh monitor something like. Then for web use at least make sure the colour space in on sRGB

Leave a comment:

• Mike Parr
    replied

Hi all,
    I think I need help here, what would be the best settings in photoshop to set as it appears that mine might be wrong, and as i cant afford a monitior calibrator can any suggest a good freebie,
    cheers mike

Leave a comment:

• Mike Parr
    replied

Thanks for all the feedback when I can get on my big pc i will have to check out my settings

Leave a comment:

• Bearface
    replied

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Unbelievable it is lighter, not a lot, but a significant amount
    It's always summat simple

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Mmmm, well when I checked it was neither Adobe 1998 or sRGB, but Dot Gain 10%. Anyway have converted it to sRGB to see if it makes any difference
    Unbelievable it is lighter, not a lot, but a significant amount

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Originally posted by Bearface View Post
    Was just wondering if the file might be Adobe 1998 rather than sRGB......as this sometimes affects how images appear on the Web as opposed to in Photoshop. The Adobe 1998 files often seem to lose punch and saturation when posted on the Internet.
    Mmmm, well when I checked it was neither Adobe 1998 or sRGB, but Dot Gain 10%. Anyway have converted it to sRGB to see if it makes any difference
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bearface
    replied

I'm using Firefox on the Mac and I can see a definite difference in the density of the blacks in Photoshop. There appears to be less tonal range in the image on the browser. I'll check Safari, which is the Mac default browser.

After comparing I'd say the image is slightly warmer in Safari, but the blacks are the same density as Firefox. ie darker than Photoshop
    Was just wondering if the file might be Adobe 1998 rather than sRGB......as this sometimes affects how images appear on the Web as opposed to in Photoshop. The Adobe 1998 files often seem to lose punch and saturation when posted on the Internet.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    I can't see any density difference between the two in Photoshop and IE, but the browser version has a slightly warmer tone.

Ian
    I'm using Firefox on the Mac and I can see a definite difference in the density of the blacks in Photoshop. There appears to be less tonal range in the image on the browser. I'll check Safari, which is the Mac default browser.

After comparing I'd say the image is slightly warmer in Safari, but the blacks are the same density as Firefox. ie darker than Photoshop

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Actually mine has just started showing the nag screen, I need to update the profile. However I did say that my version looks darker in the browser than it does in Photoshop.
    I can't see any density difference between the two in Photoshop and IE, but the browser version has a slightly warmer tone.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    Hi Mike, I think you picture is easy to like despite some technical improvement potential highlighted by others

If your view of Stephen's edit is dark on your monitor, it could be that your monitor needs recalibrating - in theory both of you should be seeing the same and I know Stephen regularly calibrates his monitor.

Ian
    Actually mine has just started showing the nag screen, I need to update the profile. However I did say that my version looks darker in the browser than it does in Photoshop.

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by Mike Parr View Post
    Stephen I like what you did, but it is a little dark on my screen i can see you added depth to the picture, I probably need to be a little more aggresive with my PP
    Hi Mike, I think you picture is easy to like despite some technical improvement potential highlighted by others

If your view of Stephen's edit is dark on your monitor, it could be that your monitor needs recalibrating - in theory both of you should be seeing the same and I know Stephen regularly calibrates his monitor.

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Blithe
    replied

I hesitate to comment as I am not experienced as others, but for some reason, I feel that my eye is being swept out of the scene to the left rather than being taken on into the distance by the tracks. Perhaps it is the clarity of the railings nearest - I really don't know. However, I do like the b/w sky and the trees like lacework against it.

Have just looked at Stephen's edit and seeing the photograph in its entirety makes a difference - the central point is more drawing, though overall quite dark on my screen.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Parr
    replied

Stephen I like what you did, but it is a little dark on my screen i can see you added depth to the picture, I probably need to be a little more aggresive with my PP

Leave a comment:

• ekkl
    replied

Hope you had your HV Vest on!

You may notice there are four rails in the picture? Well the two outer ones are the running rails that the train wheels run on, the two in the middle of the track are there if the train comes off the rails, they act as a guide to stop it going over the edge!

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

I would just add that there is much more detail in the bottom portion of the picture when it is PS, so obviously some tonal range is lost in the browser

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
Scroll To Top Scroll To Center Scroll To Bottom