Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better photos on an overcast day? Advise

Hi,
    How can I get better images on a gloomy overcast day like today? A friend has lent me his old Fuji S5000 (same as my 1st camera) for a week or two, sadly since getting the camera its been horrible weather. I'm not too worried about getting a bit wet, but am wondering if theres anyway to counter the featureless low grey clouds and washed out colours should I decide to brave the elements?
    Cheers,
    Greg

Re: Better photos on an overcast day? Advise

Originally posted by 19ninety View Post
    Hi,
    How can I get better images on a gloomy overcast day like today? A friend has lent me his old Fuji S5000 (same as my 1st camera) for a week or two, sadly since getting the camera its been horrible weather. I'm not too worried about getting a bit wet, but am wondering if theres anyway to counter the featureless low grey clouds and washed out colours should I decide to brave the elements?
    Cheers,
    Greg
    Don't do landscapes, go more for closeups and interesting detail shots. Adapt to the conditions
    Stephen

sigpic

Check out my BLOG too

Comment

Originally posted by 19ninety View Post
      Hi,
      Cheers,
      Greg
      You could also brave the Photoshop Elements (did you see what I did there ) and tweak the levels to add a little more punch to the shots that appear washed out.
      sigpic

Comment

he he, yea I see what you did there! ha ha

well, it stayed rainy here, so I played with some plant images indoors, went to download them from the camera and .......... damn hardrive died on me, so that was my afternoon spoken for reinstaling everything on a spare drive!!

Will post the plant photos once get them off the camera, I think they came out well.

Comment

Working...
        X