Epson Stylus Photo 1280/1290 and Windows 7 64-bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epson Stylus Photo 1280/1290 and Windows 7 64-bit

My research suggests that Epson doesn't offer a driver for this elderly printer for Win 7 64-bit, but that Microsoft does offer a basic compatibility driver via Windows Update.

Can anyone verify this?

Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

Re: Epson Stylus Photo 1280/1290 and Windows 7 64-bit

How dare you Ian! Elderly printer indeed! I've got two and they are the only printers I have.

Of course, you are right, there are no specific drivers from Epson, but I use Windows 7 on both my desk top and lap top and the 1290 prints through what must be a generic driver.

The other 1290 is attached to Roy's PC with XP platform.

I honestly can't remember how I found a driver I think it just attached itself to a Windows driver that was already installed. Mine is 64 bit also.

HTH
    Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

That's good news. Julia's mum's PC died last week and I replaced it with a new one but didn't have a USB cable to connect it to the printer (the old 1290 was connected to the old printer via parallel port cable which is no longer supported on new PCs!). The new PC has Win 7 64-bit. So I'm pretty confident I will be able to get the printer running next time I visit!

Ian
      Founder/editor

Comment

Originally posted by Ian View Post
        That's good news. Julia's mum's PC died last week and I replaced it with a new one but didn't have a USB cable to connect it to the printer (the old 1290 was connected to the old printer via parallel port cable which is no longer supported on new PCs!). The new PC has Win 7 64-bit. So I'm pretty confident I will be able to get the printer running next time I visit!

Ian
        My 1290 is attached by USB to my Windows 7, Roy's is attached to XP by parallel and my laptop prints through mine via magic . I don't really understand how, but if I am in the lounge with the laptop and press print, it prints in the Study! How clever is that!
        Audrey

https://www.flickr.com/photos/autumn36/

Comment

Indeed, we live in a time of techno-magic - I can watch TV from my home using my laptop wherever I am as long as I have a decent internet connection

Ian
          Founder/editor

Comment

Epson are good otherwise what about Ricoh?

Comment

Working...
            X