Ponte Singers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ponte Singers

I've just spent the past 2 hours watching the Ponte Singers performance of The Pilgrims Chorus from Tannhauser. I've always loved this chorus and always found the triplets exciting, especially the strings, but this entire performance had me spellbound. The conductor, the orchestra and the choir are just overwhelming and exciting. Wonderful performance all round, fantastic conductor!

Watch, listen and enjoy ... well I did anyway (over and over and over again)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDdb65l-49E[/ame]

Pol

Re: Ponte Singers

I am going to enjoy listening to this later. Just up my street.
    -------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pops View Post
      I am going to enjoy listening to this later. Just up my street.
      They're all so young as well as so talented! The conductor is also so young and a joy to watch, so full of passion as he holds them all together!

A joy to see and to hear ... been glued to it for another hour this morning!

Pol

Comment

Thanks for that Pol. A beautiful piece beautifully played. Do you know anything more about these Ponte Singers.? There seemed to be mostly oriental faces in that lot.

Comment

Originally posted by DennisP View Post
          Thanks for that Pol. A beautiful piece beautifully played. Do you know anything more about these Ponte Singers.? There seemed to be mostly oriental faces in that lot.
          They're a youth choir and orchestra from Hong Kong, formed fairly recently in 2010 and I believe they're all from various regular schools, along with the orchestra ... not especially privileged backgrounds.

I came across them purely by chance and was so enthralled by the entire performace, totally bowled over by their amazing conductor and can't help feeling he has quite a future ahead.

Here's a link to the 'choirplace' and there's a link from there to the Ponte Singers' own website, which lists the players and conductor by name - otherwise the text isn't in English.

Pol
          Last edited by Pol; 18-03-14, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Very powerful and exciting. Really enjoyed it.
            -------------------------

Comment

Working...
            X