X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kurt
    replied
    Re: My wish list

I would like the patience and care to capture the image in my head!

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by Graham_of_Rainham View Post
    I've got a Leica EVF, but my one has Olympus written on it.

I'm going to wish for a pair of gloves that will allow me to still use the camera or a big super-light weight housing that allows me to operate the tiny controls with gloves that keep my hands warm...

When are they going to introduce voice operated commands into cameras.
    It's already here - like the Samsung Galaxy Camera, for example (an Android phone with a conventional compact camera zoom lens); you can verbally order it to zoom in and out and shoot

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

Originally posted by mike_j View Post
    I'd like a wad of notes in exchange for my M8 and 28mm Zeiss ZM and UV/IR filter!

Can't afford the replacement though.
    Hang onto it and ask Santa for whatever you want to replace it with.

I always liked your Burghley Snow picci

I also liked the original of the punts HERE

There's also a nice one with the river mist.

Pol
    Last edited by Pol; 17-12-13, 02:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mike_j
    replied

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    Just in case Santa Claus is looking in here ...

I'd like a Leica M8 with a Leica Elmarit 28mm f2.8 ASPH (6-Bit) and a UV filter.

I'd be satisfied with a pre-loved camera body in excellent condition though I'd really, really like a brand new lens and filter. I know I'm gonna be disappointed, well maybe this year anyway.

What is anyone else hoping they might find in their Xmas stocking?

Pol
    I'd like a wad of notes in exchange for my M8 and 28mm Zeiss ZM and UV/IR filter!

Can't afford the replacement though.

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

Originally posted by John Perriment View Post
    I'm with you on that; just imagine the fun of walking past a group of paparazzi hasseling some celebrity and shouting "FORMAT!"
    Brilliant, go for it Graham and John.

Just be sure you can duck, dive and run very fast otherwise you might be beaten to a pulp by several heavy white lenses, a couple of ladders and half a dozen heavy tripods.

Pol

Leave a comment:

• John Perriment
    replied

I'm with you on that; just imagine the fun of walking past a group of paparazzi hasseling some celebrity and shouting "FORMAT!"

Leave a comment:

• Graham_of_Rainham
    replied

Originally posted by Pol View Post
    I'm already a Leica owner of course. I have a tiddly C-Lux 2 complete with Leica leather case.
    Pol
    I've got a Leica EVF, but my one has Olympus written on it.

I'm going to wish for a pair of gloves that will allow me to still use the camera or a big super-light weight housing that allows me to operate the tiny controls with gloves that keep my hands warm...

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

Originally posted by Ian View Post
    OK, please tell me what it is about an M8 and your choice of Leica lens that you hope to enjoy? Is it the camera or the images it would produce (maybe both?).

Ian
    I'd hope to enjoy both the camera and the images. Most of all I'd enjoy the challenge of learning to use it, never having used a rangefinder before. The choice of lens is because it's lightweight and an ideal general purpose lens which is reasonably priced for starting out and learning to use the camera.

What I'd eventually hope to achieve would be the sort of artistic imagery similar to the sort of thing JW did with his Noctilux f1 ... but that's way out of my reach, just another dream.

I'm already a Leica owner of course. I have a tiddly C-Lux 2 complete with Leica leather case.

Pol

Leave a comment:

• John Perriment
    replied

The XZ-2 I can fully understand, the 12-40 is a dream and well worth wishing for.

I could understand it if you went for "Seven-of Nine", but this is simply incomprehensible...

Oh well, it takes all tastes.........

Knowing my luck the Christmas Fairy would get the spelling wrong!

Leave a comment:

• Graham_of_Rainham
    replied

I'd just be happy to have a week go by without a new bill arriving or an unexpected expense occuring.

If I'm going to be a little more ambitious I could wish for an Olympus XZ-2 compact or really push the boat out and hope for an Olympus 12-40mm f2.8 for my E-M5 but that's entering the realms of pure fantasy - might as well wish for a hot and steamy date with Kim Kardashian!
    The XZ-2 I can fully understand, the 12-40 is a dream and well worth wishing for.

I could understand it if you went for "Seven-of Nine", but this is simply incomprehensible...

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

Originally posted by Pops View Post
    Canon 7D along with the 600mm L series lens

Fantasy indeed
    And an account at the local gym?

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Ian
    replied

OK, please tell me what it is about an M8 and your choice of Leica lens that you hope to enjoy? Is it the camera or the images it would produce (maybe both?).

Ian

Leave a comment:

• Pops
    replied

Canon 7D along with the 600mm L series lens

Fantasy indeed

Leave a comment:

• Pol
    replied

I'd just be happy to have a week go by without a new bill arriving or an unexpected expense occuring.

If I'm going to be a little more ambitious I could wish for an Olympus XZ-2 compact or really push the boat out and hope for an Olympus 12-40mm f2.8 for my E-M5 but that's entering the realms of pure fantasy - might as well wish for a hot and steamy date with Kim Kardashian!

It's Christmas, John - the silly season, the time for fantasies and greed. Santa's magic with a huge sack so ask him for everything and tell him you won't believe in him anymore if he doesn't bring what you want.

I'm thinking of asking him for a new vehicle for myself too. Something like a Landrover Discovery with a personal chauffeur and another nice young man to carry my kit (and maybe me too) if and when we trek across marshes and muddy, uneven countryside.

I may as well shove a Noctilux f1 onto my list too.

Pol

Leave a comment:

• John Perriment
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X