Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help Needed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • SOLVED Help Needed

    Hi Guys.

    I need some Input from the more experienced guys, Ian, I know you have tested a lot of camera's and would appreciate your Input.

    I am looking at buying a new Compact Digital, but i am not sure witch way to go. I am thinking about selling my Canon S2IS, and also my EOS 400d. with a Sigma 18 - 200 mm Lens.

    And getting me excellent compact Digital, witch can take an External Flash, and have a Superzoom.

    I want to have a Camera on hand, for general Photography, not professional, so I want to be able to take from close up macro, up to nice super zoom Shots.

    I know that Canon, and Panasonic have some nice camera's in the Compact Digital.

    But What would you recoment I go and Test, (Here in SA)
    I am looking at the Canon SX1 IS, but I am not sure witch way to go ?

    Any Idvise or suggestions
    ?

    Thanks
    Last edited by Stephen; 29-09-09, 08:22 PM.
    Lou
    Canon S2 IS, Canon 400d Sigma 18mm - 200mm

  • #2
    Re: Help Needed

    Originally posted by lourensb View Post
    Hi Guys.

    I need some Input from the more experienced guys, Ian, I know you have tested a lot of camera's and would appreciate your Input.

    I am looking at buying a new Compact Digital, but i am not sure witch way to go. I am thinking about selling my Canon S2IS, and also my EOS 400d. with a Sigma 18 - 200 mm Lens.

    And getting me excellent compact Digital, witch can take an External Flash, and have a Superzoom.

    I want to have a Camera on hand, for general Photography, not professional, so I want to be able to take from close up macro, up to nice super zoom Shots.

    I know that Canon, and Panasonic have some nice camera's in the Compact Digital.

    But What would you recoment I go and Test, (Here in SA)
    I am looking at the Canon SX1 IS, but I am not sure witch way to go ?

    Any Idvise or suggestions
    ?

    Thanks
    I'd like to know what the motivation is to make a change downwards from a very capable DSLR (the EOS-400D) to a compact camera? Is it bulk/weight, cost, or something else?

    A compact, even a good one, will limit your options for creative photography. Maybe one of the new generation of intermediate cameras, which are smaller and lighter but have most of the creative options of a DSLR (big sensor and interchangeable lenses) could be the answer?

    Ian
    Founder/editor
    Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
    Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
    Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
    Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Help Needed

      Originally posted by Ian View Post
      I'd like to know what the motivation is to make a change downwards from a very capable DSLR (the EOS-400D) to a compact camera? Is it bulk/weight, cost, or something else?

      A compact, even a good one, will limit your options for creative photography. Maybe one of the new generation of intermediate cameras, which are smaller and lighter but have most of the creative options of a DSLR (big sensor and interchangeable lenses) could be the answer?

      Ian
      Ian, yes, it would be a downgrade, however getting more/ different lenses, are extreemly expensive, I dont see in the near future, being able to buy more lenses, and I just think it would be better to have one Camera, with one lens on hand.

      For eg If I take photos of animals, you will be able to get a much bigger zoom, on a 20 x compact digital, than with my current 18 - 200 lens.


      I know the quality will not be the same, however I don't think that I will ever go into profesisonal Fotography soon. It is just way too expensive to get the Equipment.

      Maybe I am just being silly, but never the less, would still like your opinion on the Best compact Digital on the market currently ?
      Lou
      Canon S2 IS, Canon 400d Sigma 18mm - 200mm

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Help Needed

        A group test of compact superzooms done on DPReview came up with the Panasonic Lumix TZ6&7 as their winners. Perhaps you should check out the review and the camera
        Stephen

        sigpic

        Check out my BLOG too


        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Help Needed

          Originally posted by Stephen View Post
          A group test of compact superzooms done on DPReview came up with the Panasonic Lumix TZ6&7 as their winners. Perhaps you should check out the review and the camera
          Thank You Stephen.

          I will search for this. I doubt that I will actually sell my 400d, but I might want to get something else in the place of the S2IS.

          Appreciate your Input
          Lou
          Canon S2 IS, Canon 400d Sigma 18mm - 200mm

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Help Needed

            Originally posted by lourensb View Post
            Thank You Stephen.

            I will search for this. I doubt that I will actually sell my 400d, but I might want to get something else in the place of the S2IS.

            Appreciate your Input
            I can recommend the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38, or last year's similar FZ28, which is still available.

            Ian
            Founder/editor
            Digital Photography Now (DPNow.com)
            Twitter: www.twitter.com/ian_burley
            Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/dpnow/
            Pinterest: www.pinterest.com/ianburley/

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Help Needed

              Originally posted by Ian View Post
              I can recommend the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38, or last year's similar FZ28, which is still available.

              Ian
              Thank You Ian.

              How do I change this to resolved ?
              Lou
              Canon S2 IS, Canon 400d Sigma 18mm - 200mm

              Comment

              Working...
              X